PDA

View Full Version : How my Hatsan 100x turned into a 105x and Hatsan service

Geoffrey_K
10-09-2015, 03:44 PM
Hatsan Torpedo 100X Walnut Stock .22 cal Underlever Air Rifle - bought March 2015 from field supply on discount

it shot pretty well with the limited time I put into it, roughly a 50 cent coin at 25 yards. it was still dieseling at that time

August 26th - would not cock - contacted hatsan

Our technician has assessed your rifle. The main spring was actually broken in two places. He has also noted excessive amounts of lubrication. Lubrication of the moving parts is only necessary in small amounts, every 250 shots as needed. Also, DO NOT use any type of lubrication in the compression chamber its self, as this can cause dieseling which will quickly damage the rifle. Your rifle has been repaired and should ship out later today

September 8th - accuracy issues upon return - tried 2 scopes and a total of 450 pellets of varying types - contacted hatsan

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your 100X.
We will have a UPS shipping label sent to your email shortly.
Can you also please tell us what type of pellets you have been using, and if you have tried any other pellets? Your RMA number is xxxx.

Please send it to the address below, along with copy of your receipt and
a copy of this email. We will either repair or replace your item. If
it's determined that your issues were caused by something other than
manufacture's defect, i.e. user error, tampering, abuse, etc., we'll
contact you with a cost of the repair and return shipping before we do
any work.

September 22nd I emailed asking the status

Your rifle is scheduled for service later this week. We apologize for the delay. We will work as quickly as possible to repair your rifle.

September 30th

Thank you for your patience. We have determined that your rifle will require replacement, unfortunately, we do not have that particular model on hand with which to replace it. If you do not mind the subtle labeling difference, we will be happy to replace your rifle with a Model 105X and replace the synthetic stock with a new walnut stock. The two rifles are identical other than the stock material and the model number.

If this is an acceptable solution, we will have your replacement sent our ASAP.

*I of course agreed

October 6th

Our technician has finished testing your replacement rifle and it performs flawlessly. It will ship out later today. Your FEDEX tracking number is XXXXXXzXX. We sincerely apologize for the long wait and hope that you understand that we were working diligently to replace your rifle with a unit that performs up to the standards of the rifle for which you have paid. Our testing showed the best accuracy with the H&N Barracuda Match pellets, so we have included two tins of them for your troubles.

We strive to provide quality service in a timely manner. Once again please accept our sincerest apologies for the long delay. If you have any further questions, please let us know. And as always, happy shooting.

October 8th rifle arrived in the early morning (unusual for my house to get early drop off)

* I did get a wood (walnut they say) stock 105x
* I did get 2 tins of the pellets they said shot best, both new 200 count tins
* when they tested it they apparently installed a scope because the rear sight was missing. - sent them an email asking for this
* rifle looks to be new, there is no R engraved anywhere I can see, though did not take it out of the stock
* box had the tripod they give with the rifle still in the sealed package
* there was a nice scope stop in a package in the box (dont believe I got one with the 100x)

While it took some time, I am pretty happy with the service.

A quick test showed this one shot better than the last time I shot the 100x, though only had time for 15 pellets. I need more time to see if it shoots as well as the 100x did when it first arrived.
Modify message

edit to add:

Hatsan replied to my email asking them to check the tech's bench for the rear site. The reply was, you were right, it was there and apologies for not including it.

FAST response to emails give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. Even if I do not like the answer, it is nice to get one quickly.

critter99
10-09-2015, 08:42 PM
been curious about them. Is that barrel a larger diameter solid blank??? or is it in a sleeve ??

I wish they would get the 200S up in quality seems to be a nice sliding chamber style like HW77/97 and TX200. Have read about lower power on them due to sliding chambers leaking where end is screwed on when made. Easy fix and HW and AA at one time or another had same troubles

Geoffrey_K
10-11-2015, 05:25 PM
I want to say solid barrel, though will double check that. I dont recall anything but the barrel on it as i was loading pellets

Airgun.Sniper
10-15-2015, 01:49 AM
pretty cool for sre