PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Little Rock

jblackfish
11-12-2015, 02:29 PM
I'm getting back into air guns for target shooting and (maybe) a little pest control around the house. I'm registering here to get caught up (learn) a little about sport and the guns I use and hopefully contribute too in the future.

I'll save talk of my interests for the forums and add that in my profile.

critter99
11-12-2015, 04:37 PM
so what ya shooting so far as air power??

we have a bunch of enablers and we all will help you spend ya cash :)

springers. PCP or C02 we don't discriminate

grumpy
11-12-2015, 11:51 PM
Welcome aboard. Tell us about what your plinking with. We like pics too :)

Geoffrey_K
11-13-2015, 12:30 AM
Greetings and welcome to the forum

jblackfish
11-15-2015, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the welcomes. In my current arsenal are a recently bought Beeman P3 and a RWS Diana LP8 pistols - also a Beeman R7 (.20 cal, which I've owned for a number of years,) and a brand new Weihrauch HW90 which I have just unpacked and haven't shot yet. My shooting is mostly target and occasional varmint - I'm trying to reduce the squirrel population around the house a little but I don't seem to be gaining much in that regard.

The HW90 is my 1st experience with a gas piston gun and I bought it primarily to get something with a little more "punch" for varmints. I'll sight it in soon and may consider putting a scope on it if I don't think a scope would make the weight more than I want to lug around - the weight is already a little overpowering when comparing it to the R7 that I'm used to so I may choose to NOT add any more weight to it. Also a little overpowering on the HW90 is the required 46 lb. "cocking effort!

I'll add one question: I thought I read somewhere that the Weihrauch HW90 was the same gun as the Beeman RX-2 and, to look at the specs, it appears that that is true. Another interesting (Beeman) gun is that the Beeman P17 appears to simply be a cheap version of the Beeman P3. Thoughts on Beeman and who make their guns.

Anyway, that's a quick run down of what I have. Thanks again for the welcomes. Any thoughts or suggestions are always welcome.

Geoffrey_K
11-16-2015, 03:38 PM
i dont have any input on the beeman and it's closeness to the HW90. Maybe someone will know, though i would post it in the forum for springers and maybe get a better reply.

jblackfish
11-16-2015, 04:45 PM
Thanks, Geoffrey. I will ask in that forum.