PDA

View Full Version : Chirp! Chirp! Chirp!

Bob La Londe
02-25-2016, 02:14 AM
No, I am not commenting on the quiet in here. I just ordered a more serious airgun. A Kalibr Cricket in .25 caliber.

http://www.airtanksforsale.com/kalibrgun/comparefxbobcat/image002.jpg

Not that my Marauders can't get the job done... I've just done as much modding as I care to. I want an airgun that just thumps them pretty much right out of the box.

I shopped around and saw that Airguns of Arizona had the best advertised price. I am a little leery of that though. I've heard a few people complain about issues mail ordering stuff from them.

Then I saw that Joe Brancato at Air Tanks for Sale advertises he will price match any advertised price if you buy a tank from him. He beat the advertised price, and while I was on the phone with him I went ahead and ordered a Tiger Shark tank and some extra magazines.

I'll let you guys know how it all goes.

Bob La Londe
02-25-2016, 07:16 PM
Adam with AirTanks called me this morning to confirm my shipping address and double check the order before shipping. So far so good. The say its going to ship today. Ordinarily I get stuff from California in two days, its shipping FedEx. FedEx has so many different shipping options that I have no clue when it will actually arrive. LOL.

Bob La Londe
02-28-2016, 02:55 AM
Well, my Cricket arrived about 3:45PM today. Its got about 190 bar according to the gage so I could shoot it, but the scope I want to use won't arrive until Monday. I do have a cheap Tru-Glo 4x in the safe that has never been used so if time allows I may shoot it tomorrow afternoon.

I'm meeting one of my fishing buddies out at the lake at O:Dark-Thirty in the morning, so I won't be doing anything with it until I get back if I'm not too tired by then.

I would have shot it today, but I met one of my other fishing buddies out at another lake just after the gun arrived. I was waiting on the Fed-Ex driver so I could leave.

First appearances are pretty much what I expected. I thought about doing an unboxing video, and realized you guys are probably pretty tired of those. Maybe I'll do some shooting videos with it next week.

Bob La Londe
03-01-2016, 02:13 AM
Well I shot it a bit this afternoon. Starting at just under 190 bar per the gage on the gun the first few shots 946-949 with Diablo Exact Kings 25.39 grain pellets. At 3 magazines and down to about 100 bar it was shooting 909-895 for the last three shots of the 36. Also, had 8-10 dry fires in there as the Cricket magazine will allow you to feed and fire when its empty. Since I've been shooting Marauders which won't it took me a little bit to get used to that.

44+ solid shots from 190 bar. I think from a 250 fill I'll get the 70 or so I am looking for. Certainly more than the 60 my five 12 shot magazines will hold. I am hoping for 60+ on the regulator.

Summary of cursory shot data. 50+ FPE and 70+ plus seems to be on the table. Its certainly better for power and shot count than my bottled .25 Marauder that gives me 23-24 shots at about 46 FPE.

I can't believe I am saying this. I might actually make the trigger a little heavier. Its pretty smooth, and drops off so easy that I fired before I thought it would twice. No accidental discharges, but a bit of a surprise if you know what I mean.

I have not filled the gun from a tank with a decent gage yet to check it so I don't know how good the gun gage is.

I shot it down to 60 bar, and while elevation certainly started to fall off the gun kept hitting where I expected it to from shot to shot. I was drilling plastic soda bottles out by the fence at 64-69 yards.

I am filling up my new bigger tank right now so I can't shoot it any more until it is filled. My little bottle is down to 2500 PSI. I guess I could tether it and shoot it for that for a little while. That is above what I am told is the regulator pressure. Nah, its getting dark and dinner is ready.

More later...

Bob La Londe
03-02-2016, 05:24 AM
Seems to have sprung a leak.

Sigh!

Further reading shows that a certain number of these guns spring a leak in the first couple fills.

On a positive note. The thing is an absolute tack driver

Bob La Londe
03-02-2016, 03:19 PM
I emailed Joe at Air Tanks last night. He emailed back about early this morning saying, "Its 4am here, called back after 10 and we will take care of everything."

I like the sound of that.

grumpy
03-05-2016, 12:38 AM
Dang what a bummer man. Hopefully he gets you sorted out quickly. My buddies cricket pretty much did the same exact thing. They got him sorted out after a bit.

Bob La Londe
03-05-2016, 03:30 AM
Dang what a bummer man. Hopefully he gets you sorted out quickly. My buddies cricket pretty much did the same exact thing. They got him sorted out after a bit.

I feel pretty good about it. The gun almost points itself. Joe was pretty positively aggressive about wanting to take care of it quickly. We shall see how it goes.