PDA

View Full Version : Leaking benjamin marauder gauge

Raddoc
03-28-2016, 09:19 PM
Discovered I have a leaking marauder gauge on my PCP rifle. Its leaking from a tiny hole on the back of the gauge. The gun is entirely stock and not even two years old. The hole almost looks like it has/had a purpose. I called benjamin /crossman and they sold me a new gauge. Frankly i was disappointed that they wouldnt just replace it. A gun of this price should have components that last more than 1.5 years.Anyone else had similar trouble/experience?

Thanks for reading.

Bob La Londe
03-29-2016, 06:34 PM
No big surprise. McMaster-Carr has a similar gage for sale that has a slightly better track record than the Marauder gage. I usually buy a couple at a time.

Airgun.Sniper
04-05-2016, 03:43 AM
A gun of what price? You bought a cheap pcp that is over priced get over it....those things are mass produced and your telling me they cost $500 to make? The cost of supply and demand they know your to buy it so they will sell it. Benjamin guns arent hard to take apart. Customer Serivce on any airgun forum lol. Atleast one out of every 3 person has it

Bob La Londe
04-06-2016, 04:20 PM
A gun of what price? You bought a cheap pcp that is over priced get over it....those things are mass produced and your telling me they cost $500 to make? The cost of supply and demand they know your to buy it so they will sell it. Benjamin guns arent hard to take apart. Customer Serivce on any airgun forum lol. Atleast one out of every 3 person has it

That is totally unfair. $500 is a lot for an airgun. Just because there are companies who sell more expensive airguns doesn't mean the $500 price tag for a Marauder is cheap. The problem with the industry as a whole is the blatant false advertising. If a Marauder was sold as a build platform the sales would be less, but the customers would be much happier. I was fortunate enough to already know Marauders were kit guns before I bought mine.

You comments are like claiming because I only paid $30K for my pickup truck I am the one who is wrong when the Delphi instrument cluster fails because I could have bought a $70K pickup truck instead.

grumpy
04-10-2016, 11:48 AM
Zactly Bob. Could not agree more with ya on this one. You want an overpriced POS look no further than some of the junk coming out of Asia..

critter99
04-12-2016, 08:10 PM
Zactly Bob. Could not agree more with ya on this one. You want an overpriced POS look no further than some of the junk coming out of Asia..

I am with Bob on this one Marauders are fine rifles with alil work ....over paying for say a top of line say FX, Daystate, Brocock etc doesn't get a promise of quality of build or quality of support from established support channels in US......RESALE value on them is good but that's about it

Airgun.Sniper
05-18-2016, 08:08 PM
You read what I wasn't saying or what was never there.. Let me see if I can clarify - the marauder is over priced- I mean this by what does it cost to make the marauder? There is no way it cost $500 to make the marauder in bulk. I bought a valve for $44 bucks shipped. Most expensive thing is the stock..

Do I own a marauder ? Yes, I own two. I guess its a business thing. But I don't think with how the marauders are made in bulk they cost this much. A refurb cost $375 I think with all honesty thats how much it cost make a marauder and maybe sell it. They are a great building platform rifle but imo no $500 gun. Yes its my opinion its a great tifle. I like the custom platform you can get with the marauder.. One of my marauder is a custom .30 cal I built.

I hope this clarifys things I'm not saying bad rigle.. I'm saying cromssn puts a high price on them for sale

Bob La Londe
05-19-2016, 04:34 PM
My point is for $500 it shouldn't leak, or be expected to leak.

My $350 BAM B50 didn't leak until the cheap Chinese O-rings started to fail at about a year of age.

My $300 ($250 after rebate for prototype review) Xisico 702 doesn't leak... and the gage is pretty accurate too. To be fair I do expect the cheap Chinese O-rings to fail within a year though. When they do I'll tear it down and tune it up like I did the B50.