PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts on other offerings here

Jward681
01-12-2017, 12:51 PM
Perhaps trying to add a few gates related to ideas/activities shared by many of us in the sport. Knives, bows, xbow, etc. Are all common and often shared hobbies amongst many members in the Airgun world. I'm sure there are others like camping, knot tying and more but if we could offer a few non airgun topics and see how the blossom we can decide what other topics to open gates for.

Just my 2 cents

John

Bob La Londe
01-12-2017, 03:32 PM
Gates? GATES! FREAKING GATES! I've suspended my participation in another forum for the time being because it looks like its becoming just another gate. We don't need no stinking gates!

As to whether or not we need more categories and boards I'll leave that to grumpy. I'm not against it. I'd profusely thank anybody who can tell me the secret to a growing forum without an "in" clique.

One thing I found was you can't really remove a board once even one user has decided they want it because if you do they quit. They may have good intentions not to, but you took their board away so they slowly lose interest.

grumpy
01-13-2017, 01:00 AM
Gates are used to keep people out. They are called forums, or sub forums :)

Jward681
01-13-2017, 01:03 AM
My apologies to all....forum, subforum, catergory, topic, line of conversation, thread, etc....THAT BETTER???? LOL

grumpy
01-13-2017, 01:10 AM
None needed. Lets just have fun