PDA

View Full Version : Which chrony do you folks use

grumpy
01-22-2017, 11:07 PM
I have a couple but mostly use the ProChrono. It seems to be less light sensitive.

Grumpy

Clifford
01-22-2017, 11:15 PM
ProChrono with an indoor light kit when needed. The indoor lights for it are awesome and work great, but can be broken EXTREMELY easily when putting them on or taking them off the the ProChrono. I tried lighted LED pucks and various other solutions and the light kit proved to be the best for me. Even now with more space outdoors than I used to have I still find situations to use the outdoor light kit when lighting is poor. Just have to be within reach of an outlet.

Airgun.Sniper
01-22-2017, 11:52 PM
Ive got a pro chrony still in the box hasn't even been used (since I travel and havent been home). A lot of my archery friends talk about the different gaps of fps within the other chronies

SteveP
01-31-2017, 05:19 PM
I've got a Pro Chrono but I skipped on the light kit as I only use it outdoors. ALso got the Bluetooth adapter but have yet to try it.

Bob La Londe
01-31-2017, 06:40 PM
I have a Pro Chrono Digital. Its a 100 times better than the Chrony I had before.

The Chrony went in the dumpster. The total lack of response when I emailed Chrony with my issues with their unit was a huge part of why I went elsewhere when it got shot one to many times because the stupid thing wouldn't register a pellet more than an inch above the sensors. I hated it when it did work. Others may have better units, but mine sucked, and the lack of response decided me I wasn't going to gamble on another one.

BigTinBoat
01-31-2017, 06:53 PM
I've got one of the cheapo F1 Chrony green machines I picked up for $80 new. Never had an issue with it reading at all. I use it in the garage with a night light socket with clear bulb clipped to each shade and only time I get an error is if I angle my shot and it doesn't go over the 2nd eye. Only ever get F2 errors, and they are infrequent.

Bob La Londe
01-31-2017, 08:16 PM
Lucky you.

bigredhunter
02-01-2017, 05:41 PM
i have the chrony beta master with screen on a cord. after two gift cards it only cost me 20 bucks at sportsmans warehouse

Jward681
02-02-2017, 05:03 AM
I bought a F1 chrony last year and have only put 3 rounds through it to date lol. Now that I've got to get the Talon back on track the chrony will get more use once I have a chance to get over to my buddy's place to A) pick up the chrony and B) actually shoot through it to dial the Talon back to where I want it

Geoffrey_K
02-02-2017, 07:31 PM
caldwell ... used to own an F1 .. i like the caldwell better

bigredhunter
05-03-2017, 01:12 AM
i have the masta beta

RobertMcC
05-05-2017, 03:20 AM
I just use a Chrony F1 with steel washers glued to the defusers with 24 LED pods stuck using the magnets on it.