PDA

View Full Version : The sky is falling

Bob La Londe
03-29-2017, 05:29 AM
Well, the current NCIS is an attack on airguns and airgun silencers.

grumpy
03-29-2017, 11:28 AM
You mean the TV show ?

SteveP
03-29-2017, 09:56 PM
Unfortunately, our wonderful gov't is very aware of air guns and if memory serves for some of the history on them, silenced air guns were used as far back as WWII for taking out sentries during raids. They already know what they're capable of and it's a safe bet they watch every gun forum out there and between all the posts on them and videos posted on YouTube, they're very well aware of just how powerful pcp's are getting considering the guys building them don't hesitate to post their latest fps and fpe numbers in the never ending quest to build the quietest, most powerful rifle they can come up with and the manufacturers are doing the same thing very publicly with every new gun they come out with.
Don't personally own anything overly powered but watching the forums and the ever rising power of the guns guys are building, I've always figured it's just a matter of time before they decide they need to step in and try to slap some regulations in place requiring at least a firearms license for certain calibers along with having to buy them from a licensed gun shop. It will be a sad day when it happens, but like I said, I figure at some point it's going to no matter how much we might wish otherwise. Simple fact of pretty much everything in the world, the bigger and badder you build it, the more the gov't wants to step in and regulate and tax it so they can make money off it.
Edit me if you feel the need but the above is just simple truth, ask any guy living in a state that already has laws in place about airguns.

Bob La Londe
03-29-2017, 11:13 PM
You mean the TV show ?

Yep. In the show it was a very specific pretty low power short range assassins weapon for delivering a poison dart, but they said airgun and silencer.

What I found amusing is that there are effective short range REAL assassins weapons for delivering a poison at close range that does not leave the tell tail puncture mark.

It was obvious that Pauley and her extremist bunny hugging anti gun crew worked to come up with a scenario where they could say "airgun" and "silencer" with contempt and derision. It was painfully contrived. Maybe not as blatantly obvious as the recent anti gun episode of Arrow where even their fake lip service to an equal view was designed to cast a negative light, but it was pretty obvious to anybody who was not sleeping.

I've considered dropping the show from my record list a couple times. I did drop Arrow. I think it may be time.

BigTinBoat
03-30-2017, 01:53 PM
Pennsylvania is actually going the other way. They just voted to pass legislation to ALLOW air gun usage for hunting. Prior it was specifically prohibited.

http://www.media.pa.gov/Pages/Game-Commission-Details.aspx?newsid=115