View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 04:38 AM   #1
Boom Diggity

Default new AT44 QE. some questions.

what a gun! it was fun sighting it in. well, it got fun when i realized i need to move the knob alot since i was sighting in at 30 yards and this is a 1/4@100 scope.

some questions if i may:

1. do i need to clean this barrel? if so, how? the instructions are gosh-darn vague.
2. there are some parts i cannot ID.
A. a tiny black o-ring that came in the package of yellow o-rings for the fill probe. ZERO clue where it goes.
B. a threaded set screw that apparently fits in the (i think that is what it is) brass threaded fitting that caps the air reservoir. the the threaded brass thing; is it for decompression or protection?... and what is the threaded plug that fits in the end for?
C. for hunting; primarily Turkey hunting. i sighted it in at 30 yards. i figured with decoys i can get them much closer. i do for archery hunts. what is your strategy for a hunting gun? what are you zeroed at?

i am hand pumping my gun with the Hill pump. do i need any teflon tape at the probe threads. it isnt leaking now, but i am unsure. hand pumping is not bad. maybe in the dead of summer it will not be fun, but now it is a nice ab workout.

i think that is it for now. i cannot believe how bad the instructions are! for a season PCP veteran, it's a chip shot.for me!! every move makes me think i am gonna blow the thing up and maim myself.

i am looking forward from learning from you guys. i really bought this thing to put a wild turkey down!! i've taken many with my bow, just want to try some new toys on an old game animal.
Boom Diggity is offline   Reply With Quote