You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:

Air Gun Forums » Air gun Alley » Korean made » Shinsung Career III 300 .22

Notices

Old 04-13-2017, 10:32 PM   #1
Badmoets

Default Shinsung Career III 300 .22

Hiya,

about a year ago i posted i topic about my Korean airguns, i haven`t been around for a while and no new threads in the Korean sector.

I like Korean airguns, especially Shinsungs. I don`t know why but i don`t think that matters My first PCP was a BAM B50 in .177, the second one was a BSA Techstar in .22 wich i still have. The third one was a Shinsung Career III 300 in .22. This is the second 300 i`ve got. I bought the first one in 2007 i think. This one:

A pretty standard Career wich shot bloody hard. Over here in the Netherlands people had strong opinions about these Koreans. They said the guns were ugly. As if that matters, it`s about the shooting and not about the looks. They said these guns shot too hard and ya coudn`t hit anything with such power and speed. I found out i could hit lotsa things with it. And people said the triggers were awfull. Maybe that`s true, but hey, there`s a place in this world for less sophisticated airguns! Not every trigger has to be adjustable in 1000 ways for as far as i was concerned. It`s just shooting f*ing hard and that`s just what i want.

The standard valve housing can easlily be given some more room to breathe properly. Here`s the standard one.

Using a file or a mill to work open the housing of the spring that closes the spring and and making the valve seating tapered gives way to compressed air to flow easily.

The powerwheel increases or decreases the stroke of the hammer.

You can shoot as fast as you can operate the sturdy sidelever.

300`s are known to leak. The neat aluminum front end of the gun....

Is easily maimed by tools....

but with the right parts it`s looking good again.

To be continued.........

Last edited by Badmoets; 12-08-2017 at 10:54 PM..
Badmoets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 12:31 AM   #2
Jward681

Thanks for another great write up. While I've never owned or even shot a Korean gun they do intrigue me. From most accounts they are good shooters although as you've pointed out, not as refined as other guns out there.
Jward681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 12:50 AM   #3
Badmoets

Hiya,

Korean guns are not refined. I`m refined too and i don`t want to be. Up here in the most northern parts of the Netherlands we`re all considered to be farmers. Over here we`ve got our own language and we`re proud of it. They`re all jealous. People think we`re at the end of the world, they just don`t realise here is where the world begins.

Man! You`ve got an accent!
Hahaha, you're jealous aren`t you! Fuck off!

I traded my first Shinsung Career III 300 for a brand new Air Arms S400 SL. After a week a bloke from the gunclub asked me if i wanted to trade my Side Lever version for his rear bolt version. I had been speaking about the sidelevers as doorknobs and branding `m as doorhandles, so the only option was to accept the trade. I left home with a side ever and got home with a rear bolt version. It didn`t bother me, i liked the rear bolt version.

But within a week i had the feeling of missing my Career III 300. Sleepness nights, drinking too much, crying while the wife was asking what the hell got in to me. I told i her I missed my Career III 300. Next wednesday i bought another one. €325. Ain`t life grand?

Within a week i missed the harsh action of the Career III 300, hard hitting and hardly missing its target, loudmouth hard hitting mofo.
Some day, Sietse came up with my former Career III 300. I knew it turned up in Harlingen - no, not Haringen Texas where Bill Haley died, but Harlingen, the Frisian harbour,- and Sietse bought the gun from that guy. The moment i saw my old III 300 i wanted the stock of that particular gun. Sietse didn`t bother, he know`s what important in airgunning and he sold the stock to me.

And this is my Career III 300 with the stock of the gun i bought in 2007.

Dunno if ya ever shot one of these, they`re worth their money. I love these guns. Dya know that Shinsung once made barrels for Daystate?

Best!

Roel

Last edited by Badmoets; 12-08-2017 at 11:12 PM..
Old 12-08-2017, 11:29 PM   #4
Badmoets

Hiya,

been shooting the Career III 300 a lot the last few months. It`s doin` some 365 m/s (1198 fps!) with jsb 18 grain so it attracts some attention from other peiople at the the range. 'D`ya mind if i try this gun of ya?' Ofcourse not, have fun. Two guys bought a Career III 300 after they shot mine.

These Korean guns don`t exactly have a match trigger but once you get used to the trigger great groups at 100 metres are possible. I`ll show ya.

Photobucket sucks barrels. Big `uns.

Take care people.

Best.

Roel
Old 12-10-2017, 12:16 PM   #5
grumpy
Administrator

Wow, super cool, and accurate to boot !
grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote