Air Gun Forums
Home | About Us | Contact Us
Quick Member Login:
Forgot password?
Forum Sponsors:
Left Advertisement

becomeasponsor
Forum Statistics:
Forum Members:
Total Threads:
Total Posts:


There are users
currently browsing forums.
You don't appear to be registered. Click here to register
Search the forums:

Air Gun Forums » Air Guns » General Air Gun Discussion » Hard Cocking of Sheridan Model C

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2019, 05:25 PM   #1
pdwoods
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 1
Default Hard Cocking of Sheridan Model C

Having most of my original air guns since age 6, I have just purchased a 1981 Sheridan Model C. As this is my first Sheridan I was not familiar with the amount of pull required to cock the bolt. Just guessing it must be on the order of 30-40 lbs and
seems jumpy during the cocking procedure. Removing the stock I don't see anything
that would create the condition, the internal components are clean and seem lubricated. Before I started to take things apart to examine for broken springs, sears,
etc I wanted to ask others their experience with the Model C.
So, anyone with Model C experience I would appreciate hearing from you....
Thank You,
David Woodruff
pdwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 01:16 PM   #2
BigTinBoat
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 41
Default

Either someone has put a much stringer spring in there, or it needs disassembly. Just looking from outside won't do it. You need to get the bolt out of the gun. I would guess my C9 was maybe 5-6lbs to cock at most. Should easily be cocked with index finger.
My guess would be that either the hammer is tilting and digging into the tube or the cocking lug has worked it's way out of the hammer. (Been a while since I had my C9, but I'm pretty sure the hammer has a screw in cocking lug.
BigTinBoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:51 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Copyright 2011 Airgunforums.org, All Rights Reserved